Saturday, January 15, 2011

Black Swan

I recently saw Black Swan and I honestly didn't know if I really cared for it. It was interesting and all but would it ever be a movie I would want to see again? The days following I couldn't stop thinking about this movie, the more and more I thought about it the more I began to like it. This psychological thriller kept me thinking about perfection and hard work, and the lengths one will go to achieve what it is they want most in life. How our perfection can many times be a hindrance and yet so helpful at the same time. Life & death was another topic I thought hard on after seeing this movie. What kind of meaning does our life hold? What do I want most and will I achieve it? What sacrifices will I make? So much to think about...


Aside from this deep thought, I was really inspired by the costuming in this movie.  From this inspiration I took it upon myself to pull together a small inspiration board (pictured below) as a rememberance piece of the remarkable styling in the movie. Something I can look at to be inspired by when I need it most :) The way Natalie Portman was styled fit seamlessly with her role. Her outfits portrayed clean cut lines and simple pieces, yet showed a vast amount of interest due to the layering and draping of the clothing. Pastel pinks and light grays captured the ballerina-esk style that needed to be achieved, yet the soft colors didn't take away from the darkness of the film.  


2 comments:

  1. It's really interesting to think that the clothing, etc. was so pretty and pink but the movie was still SO DARK... I really want to watch this again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. movie was so good! must see it again. i loved her little ballerina shrugs.

    ReplyDelete