Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Perfect Mani/Pedi

I've been wanting it for over a month now, my mom picked it up for me over last weekend, I searched, and searched, and now I have. I'm trying it out tonight for the first time, if you don't own it you need to buy it. Black Shatter aka Crackle by OPI!! It's only the most amazing nail polish ever! What a perfect way to flaunt those nails and toes for summer! You will most def catch some looks. I'm painting my nails in between writing this post, and it is so amusing, I can't stop staring at my nails as the chemical reaction of the shatter takes place. If you aren't familiar with this product, all you have to do is:

1. Paint on a coat of regular nail polish, color of your choice, I'm doing pink voltage by China Glaze
    (p.s. I don't recommend this brand, it comes in cool colors but chips easily, not worth the money)
2. Wait for it to completely dry
3. Apply a layer of the crackle. Note: Applying a thin vs thick layer gives it a different effect. The
    thinner the layer, the more cracks there will be.
4. Optional, but I would suggest it - A coat of clear nail polish to give your nails some shine. The crackle
    has a matte finish to it.

And Voila! Fun & Sexy nails!



Rumor has it Crackle comes in more than just Black now!! So go out there and search for the fun!
I found mine at Ulta $8.50. Don't even try Sephora, they don't carry it, at least not for now.

Since I'm on a role with this fashionable nails post, I've gotta tell you about my friend Danielle's nails! She comes to work today with leopard print nails!! soo sassy, It looks like she painted them, but they are given the leopard print by a thin film strip placed over the nail, and then filing off the excess. I will follow up with you to let you know how well it stays on. I believe the package says it should last 6-10 days.



Also in a variety of of other patterns - I like Girl Flower and Wild Child.

(Pics of our nails to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment